Keep your household safe from household chemicals

Did you know that there are over a dozen household chemicals at home including polish, hair conditioners, polish, paint thinner, bleach and of course the detergent among others. If these chemicals are not well handled they put you and the family at a danger of fire, skin burns and poisoning. The danger is increased by the presence of children and pets in the house. Children are attracted by the attractive packaging and may ingest the chemicals. Pets, on the other hand, may open or tear away the packaging spill the contents if not ingest some of it.

It is important that you take the necessary precautions to ensure that the household chemicals are out of each of the children and do not come near your food products. Here are some tips to keep in mind.

Always read the label before using the chemicals

It may seem obvious, but most people do not read the use instructions. They end up injuring themselves or using wrong qualities. Always read the label before using or storing the chemicals. Moreover, learn the meanings of different symbols used to determine the class of the chemicals.

Never mix any chemicals. Some of them may react with each other and cause an explosion. Others give off poisonous fumes. When working with the chemicals around children always close the cap even if putting it down for a few moment, In addition, have the emergency numbers programmed into a speed dial so that you can seek assistance should children mess with any of the chemicals.

In case of accidental ingestion, follow the procedure outlined in the label. Seek medical attention even in the case where the patient feels that he or she is okay.

Cleaning after chemicals

Always use the recommended protective gear such as the boots, goggles, overalls and gloves. Take them out for cleaning after using the chemicals for use the next time. In case of a spill, clean the surface according to the type of chemical. However, always wear protective rubber gloves before working on the gloves.

For flammable liquids, ensure that you do not light and equipment that may produce a spark and start a fire. Open the windows to let some fresh air in and lower its concentration in the indoor environment.

Just like other liquid spills, you can use towels to absorb the excess liquid. You can scoop the powder spills and then vacuum the spot.